Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Update on Catalina

Well I wanted to post something new up here to inform you as to what I will actually be doing on Catalina Island. I went out to the island back in October of this year (for this first time) to see exactly "why" God was leading me there and I soon found out that I did not have to know "why" but just to walk in obedience. The mission that God has made very clear to do out there will be with worship and primarily music worship. I will be leading somewhat in the two churches on the island but a lot of my work will be outside the walls of the church and doing music worship with a lot of the camps that are located all over the island. The people of the island long so much for the fellowship of "The Church" and to worship God but don't have the resources to really do so. As I stated earlier I will also be living off of support from those who feel God is leading them to do so. Due to how the economy is out there job opportunities are few which then makes it hard to find a place to live. Its so great though because Matthew 6 keeps coming back to me where Jesus said, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Thank you so much and I will try to keep this updated as much as possible.
Your brother in Christ,
Michael Forcella

1 comment:

  1. I love verses 33-34. I think they are two of my favorite out of the whole bible. And I think they basically sum up a good portion of that chapter. I love that you are going where God has commanded you to go and that you are trusting Him every step of the way. You are a big encouragement! Keep lookin' up.

    ReplyDelete